Marketing Manager Companion Animal Health BeNeLux
An interesting position in one of the largest veterinary pharmaceutical companies
for a senior marketer with a proven track record.
Location : Antwerpen (BE), Utrecht (NL) optional
Elanco, the animal health division of Lilly, is a global, innovation-driven company that develops and markets products to improve animal health and food security in more than 75 countries. Elanco employs approximately 7.000 people worldwide with offices in more than 40 countries. Elanco’s global headquarters is in Greenfield, Indiana, USA, and is also the home of the United States business operations. In the Benelux Elanco works with an enthusiastic and affective marketing and sales team on the growth of the business. Find more about Elanco on YouTube or Elanco.com
What will you do as a Marketing Manager
You are responsible for executional marketing excellence for the therapeutic companion animal health products in the Benelux. You will work closely with the Head of Marketing and other colleagues to provide input into the strategy and you are accountable for the performance of plans for the category and key brands. The Marketing Manager will lead or play a substantial role in the development and execution of the marketing plans for specific brands as assigned to ensure alignment to the larger category and business objectives. The Marketing Manager interacts with key suppliers, including agencies, and sit on multiple internal and external cross functional teams.
Where you will be held accountable for as a Marketing Manager
Execution of Country Affiliate Category and Brand Planning:
- Understand global and regional strategies to interpret, adapt and translate into execution plans leading to business success.
- Develop strategy and brand activation for local brands.
- Execute the roll of country Marketing Campaigns to achieve Sales Targets.
- Lead and develop programs and projects to meet marketing objectives. Responsible for deliverables and execution of such programs.
- Build metrics to track success and identify gaps versus planned outcomes. Adapt strategies and plans accordingly. Partner on all the above with local species teams as appropriate.
Coordination of the production and supply of all support material:
- Supply marketing communications (marcoms) items, such as leaflets, posters, detailers and merchandise aligned with Global and Regional platforms and directions (Global and Regional brands). Design and supply items for local brands where and when required.
- Work closely with internal personnel and external agencies involved in the production and final approval of all artwork, and to ensure compliance with all GPP requirements.
Expenditure, Production & Sales Forecasting:
- Marketing Operational Expenditure (Opex) management and resource allocation.
- Forecast product supply.
- Analyze needs and requirements by interacting with customers, consumers, and sales teams, determining appropriate market research to determine customer needs and to identify competitive pricing.
- Spend time in the field (minimum 10 days per quarter) as needed to support Sales teams, meeting customers and consumers and gathering feedback on a first-hand basis.
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer and customer needs.
- Manage brand and product pricing, exposure and price control.
- Develop and drive customer insights initiatives and acquire market intelligence
Develop and maintain business relationships with key business partners:
- Build positive relationships with relevant external bodies, such as KOLs, advertising agencies, key vendors etc.
- Promote the Elanco brand internally and externally to build engagement.
Are you matching this candidate profile?
- Higher education plus minimum three years of marketing experience.
- Empathy and passion for the veterinary animal health business.
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with teams and various functional areas.
- A results driven team player able to work in a proactive and customer focused team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Dutch, French & English).
- Ability to influence and deliver results through others, personal accountability and strong drive for execution, ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks.
- Travel required regularly within Belgium and The Netherlands.
Do you want to know more about Elanco’s offer?
Please feel free to call drs. Chris Salentijn on + 31 6 2923 9211 or send your application to email@example.com.